Obtaining a Permit

Each vehicle driven into the area will be required to have a special recreation permit.  A separate permit is NOT required for any vehicles towed into the area. However, if a towed vehicle is later driven in or out of the area a permit will be required.

The permits are:

$15 for a one day permit, valid from dawn to dusk

$30 for a weekly permit, valid for 7 days

Permits will be available for sale on-site using a fee machine. The on site fee machines take cash and credit cards. Please bring exact amount of the pass, the machines do NOT make change. The fee machines at EL Mirage sell daily, weekly and annual passes. Also permits can be purchased at the Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, Barstow Calif

For Commercial Filming and Photography permits, please contact Dan Taylor at 909-300-5648 with the San Bernardino County Film Commission.

If you do not have a permit or permission from Dan Taylor, you will not be allowed to film in the park and will be trespassing on Federal property.