Vehicle Entry Permits

Each vehicle driven into the area will be required to have a Daily, Weekly, or Season pass (valid from Oct. 1st to Sep. 30th). Daily passes are valid from the day of purchase until NOON the following day. You can purchase a pass at, or from the staff at the Visitor Center, or from the kiosk when the Visitor Center is closed. El Mirage does not accept Veterans, Senior, Adventure, or National Park Passes due to the recreational activities that are operated in this area. A separate permit is NOT required for any vehicles towed into the area. However, if a towed vehicle is later driven in or out of the area, a permit will be required.
Permits are available for sale on, or on-site using a kiosk. These on-site fee machines take cash and credit cards. Please bring the exact amount for a given permit, the machines do NOT make change. The fee machines at EL Mirage sell Daily, Weekly and Season passes. Permits can also be purchased at the Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, Barstow CA.
Permit Pricing:
$15 for a Daily Permit – Valid from time of purchase until noon the following day.
$30 for a Weekly Permit – Valid for seven days from time of purchase.
$90 for a Season Permit – Valid from October 1st through September 30th.

Commercial Filming and Photography Permits

For Commercial Filming and Photography permits, please contact Dan Taylor by phone at: (909) 300-5648 Mobile: (951) 415-9600 or using with the San Bernardino County Film Commission.

Please allow 7-10 days for permit approval.

If you so not have a permit of permission from Dan Taylor, you will not be allowed to film in the OHV recreation area and will be considered a trespasser on Federal property.